Mirrors are a great way to add drama and style to any home. They’re also a great way to make a small room feel more spacious, as they reflect light and give an impression of more space. The best part? You don’t need to be an interior designer or have loads of money to make your house look like it belongs in Architectural Digest!
Here are 9 unique ways you can use mirrors in your own home:
Unique mirror shapes
You can also opt for a mirror that has a unique shape, such as:
- Circular mirrors are the most common type and come in different sizes. They can be placed on either side of your fireplace or bathroom door, depending on how you want to decorate that room.
- A square-shaped mirror will help make the room look more spacious and bright if you place it at an angle above your entryway table or TV stand and in front of large windows that don’t have curtains yet. Hence, it reflects sunlight into the room instead of allowing direct sunlight into your eyes when waking up in the early mornings when it’s still dark outside!
Large mirror designs
Mirrors can be used to add depth to a room, or they can reflect light. They can be used as the focal point of a room and provide extra space. Mirrors also create the illusion of a larger space.
For example, if you have a small dining area but want it to feel like it’s bigger than it is, try adding an oversized mirror on one wall or above your table. This will help make the room seem larger and more spacious!
Mirrors can be used as a backdrop and will reflect light differently, depending on your type of mirror. For instance, if you have a large room with few windows, try placing a mirror across from your largest window, so it reflects the outside scenery.
Mirrors are also excellent for creating the sense of additional space by reflecting visual elements around the room such as artwork and furniture. Mirrors can help brighten up dark corners, making them look larger, and can give out more light while also allowing privacy if desired.
Mirrors with metallic frames
Mirrors with metallic frames can add a little style to your space. Mirrors can be used in many ways, adding glamour and depth to your room. They can be used in many different rooms and help you achieve your desired classic look.
Screen printing is used to print designs onto fabrics or other materials. It’s been around for centuries, but it has become its own in modern fashion and decor. Screen-printed designs can be used to create unique looks that are not available in stores. You might choose to screen-print your mirror with an homage to your city or town or perhaps with a pattern designed by you! Or maybe you’ll want to use this style for its simplicity and affordability—it’s a great option if you’re on a budget!
Mirror mixed with wood
The wood and mirror combination is popular, and it’s easy to see why. This design style can be used to create a calm, tranquil space that reflects nature in all its glory. Mixing these elements allows you to create a relaxing, comfortable, and stylish aesthetic.
Luxurious gold accents
The use of gold accents can add a luxurious touch to your space. It can also be used to create a glamorous look. The gold accents can come in the form of the frame, its edges, and even on the mirror itself.
Day or night, a mirror is a stylish focal point
The reflection of light from the mirror makes the space appear larger than it is. A mirror placed at an angle can create the illusion of extra windows or doors, which makes for an interesting focal point in your home.
Explore the many ways you can use mirrors to update your space
Mirrors can be used in a variety of ways to update your space. Here are 5 ways:
- To create the illusion of space – If you’re short on square footage, mirrors are great at creating the illusion of more room. They also make small spaces appear larger and can help you add light and bounce around corners.
- To create the illusion of light – A mirror reflects natural light into a room, making it feel brighter even though you don’t have more sunshine streaming in through windows or skylights.
- To create the illusion of height – Mirrors reflect our images at us, making us feel taller than we are! If a mirror is placed above eye level, it will also make a small room appear taller and wider—giving even more psychological impact to its presence in your home decor scheme!
- To create symmetry – When placed at right angles on opposite sides of an entryway or doorway, two mirrors facing each other give off an exciting effect when people walk between them: their reflection appears stretched out because each person sees themselves twice! This trick works well for hallways where there isn’t much space available. Still, it needs some attention paid to designing style elements such as overhead lighting fixtures and flooring materials below their feet while walking across thresholds and entering different rooms within homes today’s homeowners live inside today!
Mirrors are versatile and fashionable and can add style and sophistication to your home. They provide the perfect medium for creating bold statements that make any room look more interesting and inviting. So whether you’re looking for a way to dress up space or want something new in your life, consider adding one of these ten designs to your decorating plans!