A stellar example of Old meets New – this 1773 house located on the island of Coll in Scotland, has been completely redesigned by WT Architecture. More info after the jump.
A new house in and around the ruins of ‘The White House’ where Boswell and Johnston visited during their tour of the Hebrides in 1773. The spectacularly cleft ruin is to be consolidated and only partly occupied. A glazed living room link connects a wing of domestic accommodation to the west, which is sheltered by a massive dry stone wall that extends into the landscape, extending the ancient patterns of enclosure analysed in the drawing above left. The building was completed in late June 2010.
Photography by Andrew Lee